Follow these steps to create a new email:
- In the EMS System, select the pull-down menus “Manage Messages | Create New Email“
- In the new email, fill in the “Newsletter Description or Campaign Name” and “Email Subject” fields with the subject line you want to use for the email. Use the same content for both the description and subject. Tip! Try to make the subject line engaging and fit in the field provided.
- Select your Newsletter list
- Click the “NEXT” button
- On the next screen, make sure the check boxes for “Track Views/Open Rates” and “Track Clicks on Each Link” are checked. If these boxes are not checked, you will not be able to collect stats for this mailing.
- The next step is to Create Your e-Newsletter. To do this, click the button “Edit e-Newsletter in HTML Editor“. Your template will automatically appear in the box below.AUTOSAVE Note: With the EMS version 9, your account has been set up to autosave your e-newsletter every minute. If you accidentally close out of the email without saving it, just go back into “Manage Messages > View/Edit Draft Email” to view the last saved version.
- In the resulting window that opens up in the HTML editor, enter the content of your email. (Check out the other Creating e-Newsletters knowledge base articles to learn more about how to enter in the content, add photos, etc.)
- Once you have finished adding content and modifying the newsletter, click the “Save/Close” button which will bring you back to the “Edit Newsletter” page.
- Next, edit the plain-text e-Newsletter in the box below. Your default plain text email content will appear in the box below.
- Finally, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click the “Update Newsletter” button and you are done!
If you need to make changes to the email, select from pull-down menu “Manage Messages > View/Edit Draft Email”, then click the “Edit” link for your e-Newsletter and repeat steps 6 – 10 above. Don’t forget to click the Update Newsletter button at the bottom of the page when you are done.